Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Villages, Friday, Feb. 20th., Continued

Well, here it is. Dick came out of nowhere to shoot an 81 to tie Lou for first place. Their total aggregate (3 low rounds) was 260. That's an average score of 86.6. I finished with an aggregate of 267 for an average of 89. Jim, on the other hand shot the round of his life with an 85, and has decided not to quit golf!! He finished with an aggregate of 273 for an average score of 91.1. Dick is happy as a pig in doodoo, as is Jim. Strangely I have not heard either of them complain any further about their injuries. We had a trophy presentation for the co-winners of the DelMasto Spring Classic as well as first and second low medal trophies to Dick (81) and Jim (85). Jim keeps bugging me to play more golf. I don't understand it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've checked over the blog postings, and I am unfortunately compelled to respond so that readers will have the proper context. If you see above on the round I withdrew (WC), it was due to a blowup on a hole when my 260 yard drive landed in a sand trap when I tried to cut the corner, and the ball was buried under the lip of the trap due to its tremendous velocity. I hadn't taken my medication that day, and just started going after the ball using my club like an axe. The ball eventually deserted the playing area, ending up somewhere within a half mile over the green. I actually played well that day, except for that hole, and came back with a 43 on the back side.
    No, I didn't "come out of nowhere" to win this co-championship. Unlike someone whose name I won't mention, who had four rounds to practice under his belt before Lou and I even arrived, it was just a matter of getting into the swing of things, so to speak. The score of 81 actually coincides with my handicap of 10.8, and I was forced to find a way of ignoring the underhanded tactics of Lou and John to disturb my concentration (burst of joy erupting after every time I hit a bad shot, for instance). Then they started arguing politics in the middle of my backswing. During the entire week, my demeanor always remained calm and cool (except for that one hole), and I treated everyone nicely, despite these constant attacks on my person and integrity. Just ask John. I also want to let you know because this kind of information is never transmitted: I also won the family match-play championship last summer in NJ.
    In the end, a good time was had by all, and I didn't have to punch anybody.
    Richard T. Delmasto

    ReplyDelete