Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Villages 2009 Wrap Up

(Before I start, be sure to scroll all the way down on the page to see all the newer pictures)(Also, please be sure to read my brother Dick's comments to which I can only reply "I rest my case!")Dick and Lou left on Saturday, the 28th. Carol, Jim, Janet and I went to Homasassa Springs near the Gulf Coast on Saturday to see the Manatees. They had an animal sanctuary there, including alligators, a rhinoceros, several different types of birds, including a couple of eagles, and Swiper the Fox! The Manatees were quite big. Sunday we relaxed and played golf at Turtle Mound a 9 hole executive course. On Monday, Jim and I played golf. Neither of us shot an 85! At dinner time Jim and Carol treated us to Sushi at a Japanese steakhouse at Sumter Landing. Jim and Carol left on Tuesday. Diane and I played golf with Dot and Paul on Wednesday and had dinner with them at the Arnold Palmer Country Club. Had a few Mai Tai's. I forgot how good they were. On Thursday Diane and I visited Jim and Zena at their home. They have a very nice little home with an outdoor patio. We went to Dinner and then Friday, we packed and ended our stay on Saturday. All in all it was our best visit to the Villages (except for the hot cross bun incident!)

No comments:

Post a Comment